Comprar M9702, M9201, M9203 y M9205C Reproductores: Clon Oppo 203/205 (Chinoppo)

Buenos días, quiero comentar mi experiencia sobre el envío para que a nadie le pase. Yo soy un pardillo con respecto a las compras desde China, nunca compré nada.
Resulta que estuve haciendo el seguimiento al paquete, viéndolo retenido en aduana sin indicar ningún detalle en el tracking. Así durante 3 días, pensaba que este proceso era normal debido a que la fecha de entrega era el 9 de dic., y que si había un problema ya me llamarían. No me llegó el ni el 9 ni el 10, pensaba que esto podría ser relativamente normal.
Resulta que ya el día 11 siguiendo el tracking veo que está de vuelta a China por lo que llamo a DHL y me dicen que durante 4 días habían estado intentando ponerse en contacto conmigo, algo que me resultó extraño. Total que pido a la compñía detlf registro de llamadas y los muy.... de DHL solo me llamarón una sola vez, y al no coger el tlf lo dieron como no contactado devolviendo el paquete para atrás.
Me recomendación, en el momento de que esté en aduana llamar inmediatamente a DHL.
Saludos
Vaya que mala suerte compañero.
Menudo faenon.
Espero que puedas arreglarlo de alguna manera.

Buenas noches.Me apuntó a la segunda compra conjunta, datos mandados, espero que este todo correcto.Un saludo y muchas gracias tocinillo por tu dedicacion.Eres un crack.

Hi to all,
I have found a BUG on my M9201 after playing MKV video files. If I off via the remote control the M9201 after playing MKV, when it is switched back to on, the player does not play the audio stream of any video stream any more.
The only way of making it working again is to unplug the power and plug it back again and the audio will come to life again.
Somebody have told me that even the Oppo 203 have this issue, but I am not sure.
Can anybody replicate this issue??? Do you have a workaround ???
Thanks
P.S. Somebody have suggested me to erase the persistent storage memory, since he told me it's a HDMI handshake issue. When I come back home I will try ...

Última edición:
Hi to all,
I have found a BUG on my M9201 after playing MKV video files. If I off via the remote control the M9201 after playing MKV, when it is switched back to on, the player does not play the audio stream of any video stream any more.
The only way of making it working again is to unplug the power and plug it back again and the audio will come to life again.
Somebody have told me that even the Oppo 203 have this issue, but I am not sure.
Can anybody replicate this issue??? Do you have a workaround ???
Thanks
P.S. Somebody have suggested me to erase the persistent storage memory, since he told me it's a HDMI handshake issue. When I come back home I will try ...
You use CEC?

Thank you very much Tocinillo! ;)

Need to knows (all models using RU firmware including the original OPPO):
The OPPO and its clones store settings at power-off only:
- Changing things and unplugging will result in a loss of those changes.
- Some setting changes become active only after a power cycle (incl. factory reset)
- The network standby mode does not save settings!
- For external subs: create a directory "sub" in root and put the desired file there renamed to "sub.srt". You can select it is as "other" when playing a video. Keep in mind this was designed (and works with) playing physical discs!
- Multiple remote control buttons have special functions doing a long press: Power, Info, Resolution, Subtitles, Audio.
- The player is DVD region free. BD regions can be changed by changing the BD menu language setting to: English (1), French (2) and Russian(3).

Specifics about the M9203:
Got my M9203 too today. See attachments for pictures. It has a functional USB2 host port on the right side. It was packaged very well in a neutral box.

Nice sturdy unit with very much the same build quality, size and even weight as my Egreat A11 (or a Zidoo 1000) with aluminium side panels and cover. It measures 30x22x7 including feet and looks very nice. The housing build quality is a world of difference compared with my M9702v3. Due to also using an internal Linear PSU the box gets mildly warm with the total unit acting as one big heatsink. I am not really impressed with the design of that Linear PSU as it is designed as simple as possible, but it includes a toroidal transformer.
The M9205 Linear PSU shown on page-10 post #192 is a far better one. Also the M9205 housing seems to be bigger (42cm) with front print, power switch etc. That ought to be the real M9205 unit being sold explaining some more of the price difference!

Strange enough a led was not implemented for indicating standby/on (real OPPO has a dual color red/blue led for that). I added one myself already and sooner or later may add also a 220V fuse and grid filter. This will make it a true high end housing. Power consumption measured: Operation 8W and <1W during standby (don't ask me how that actually is achieved with the toroidal transformer being connected permanently to the grid). A power switch hence is not really needed but could be added too (the earthed power cord is detachable).

The VFD display is really nice indicating running/remaining time and chapter/track/title + various useful ICON's. It 100% matches the original OPPO display and it can be dimmed, switched off and goes off automatically in pure audio mode (also the TV output is put on black then). Just read the original OPPO 203 manual for full VFD functionality (manual is too big to be attached here). The only difference is that it is green instead of white on the OPPO.

About M9201/M9203 versus M9703v3:
The remote control is the same as coming with my old M9702v3 (and M9201 shown here) which is regarded excellent by me. It seems to be slightly faster on the remote control and the OPPO APP seems to work faster and very relevant more stable.

The Oppo manual gives very little information about HDMI Input!
Tested with my STB gives images when in a Menu or Setup but never with a Live Picture. So it is HDCP restricted which makes it useless for most applications. For me it gets the status not practically usable.
Tested the HDMI-IN both with M7203 and a real OPPO UDP-203 and it works on the OPPO but not on M7203 using the same settings.
Pressing the INFO button gives identical values on both players.

This time the motherboard looks like a real OPPO clone and not a cheaper design. The new motherboard and deployed components all look identical to the original. I don't see an immediate difference in picture/sound quality but keep in mind that my M9702v3 is also connected to an external Linear PSU. The picture actually might be somewhat better?
As I am using an AMP with exactly the same AKM DAC build in, as the original OPPO 203 includes, the sound is close to identical on any unit including the original OPPO 203 via Analog Outputs. I use this box mainly for playing music in all common 2CH/MCH formats (MP3, FLAC, DTS-CD, DVD-Audio, SACD and BD Pure Audio) from a HDD which are all handled perfectly. This capability is unique as far as I am aware.
For playing movies I use a separate Media Player mostly as it has multiple essential additional features for me.

Tried HDMI-CEC and it works like with the original Oppo but it does not do anything for me. I like CEC switching to the designated AMP HDMI port to happen automatically when being powered on. It powers on/off synchronized with a TV for those who like that (but not the AMP in between).

Final verdict:
For me it is definitely worth the extra money compared with M9702v3. Above all the choice going for M9203 turned out to be the right one for me. :)

Questions in Spanish/English are welcome and will be answered accordingly.
Hello,

You wrote that your M9702v3 is connected to a external power supply. Could you please tell me if you listen any differencies in sound when M9702v3 is working without the external power supply and with it? As I did understantd, you dont listen any differencies in sound between M9702v3 with external powers supply and the M9203 with internal power supply ? is that correct?

Have you tried to compare M9702v3 without external power supply to M9203 in sound?

What really interest me is the result, especially , using coaxial for stereo and eventually 5.1 concerts rather than hdmi..

Thx

Hello,

You wrote that your M9702v3 is connected to a external power supply. Could you please tell me if you listen any differencies in sound when M9702v3 is working without the external power supply and with it? As I did understantd, you dont listen any differencies in sound between M9702v3 with external powers supply and the M9203 with internal power supply ? is that correct?

Have you tried to compare M9702v3 without external power supply to M9203 in sound?

What really interest me is the result, especially , using coaxial for stereo and eventually 5.1 concerts rather than hdmi..

Thx
My M9702v3 was running via a good external Linear PSU and the M9203 with its linear internal PSU. Did not do listening comparisons for those as those will be minimal and very difficult to perceive if present at all.

Forget about SPDIF if you can use HDMI as it has a lot more bandwidth supporting all audio formats including MCH DSD. Specifically SPDIF optical has a lot of jitter (Coax is always better for SPDIF).

¿Cómo va la segunda tanda del grupo 1? Lo último que leí es que salían este fin de semana.

Una pregunta, yo estoy a la espera de que me llegue el mio, soy del grupo 1, puesto 77. Se sabe cuándo llegará? Tenemos info nueva?

Atrás